30 September 2013

VANESSA MACKNESS and BARRY GUY. 1989





















As I recall, after a phenomenal Elton Dean Qt gig at the Duke of Wellington in 1989, Vanessa Mackness and her friend Andree asked if I'd send a copy of my cassette recording.  In return, Andree sent me this recording of Vanessa in duet with Barry Guy.  I hope nobody objects to me posting this music by an incredibly well-matched, fast-listening duo. After making recordings with John Butcher, Derek Bailey and Company, it appears Vanessa left the scene to concentrate on her painting.

VANESSA MACKNESS, voice
BARRY GUY, bass

1. 25:44
2. 5:00
3. 11:15
4. 24:53 (possibly from a different date)

Vortex, London.  12 October 1989






8 comments:

Andy said...

Rapidshare
Gamefront
Mega

ma said...

wow, many thanks for this rarity

vanozo said...

Andy, thanks from all music fans and sorry to not see her name on albums lately- you just explained why. Improving vocalists are an acquired taste for many, but she is quite cool..


glmlr said...

Great stuff, thank you! No flies on these two.

francisco santos said...

BIG THX!...

Andy said...

NEW LINK:
https://www.adrive.com/public/bm34xf/mackness%20and%20barry.rar

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

SO swift - Thank you, Andy for the fulfilling my request!

Destroyer1985 said...

Thank you Ernst and Andy.